Re: Specifying a MULTILIB dependency

"Shaun Jackman" <sjackman@gmail.com> writes:

> On 26 Jun 2006 14:04:36 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> >
> The usual hacked up way is to MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS to remove
> > -msingle-pic-base without -fPIC.  Something like
> >
> > MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS = -msingle-pic-base
> >
> > might do it.
>
> I tried your suggestion, but it didn't seem to have the desired
> effect. With my limited understanding of how MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS
> works, I thought the following attempt might have a chance:
>
> MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS += *!fPIC*/*msingle-pic-base*

No, that wouldn't work.  MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS takes a shell glob
pattern.  It is invoked for each option set which is going to be
generated.  I would expect that one of the option sets would be simply
"-msingle-pic-base".  So it seems to me that MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS can
be made to work, if you play with the syntax.  However, if it can not
be made to work for some reason, then I don't know of anything else
which will do what you want.  Sorry.

Ian