This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question concerning shared libraries in non-standard locations
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: Paul Hilfinger <hilfingr at gnat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:21:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: Question concerning shared libraries in non-standard locations
- References: <20060625234752.DB22D48CBB1@nile.gnat.com> <email@example.com>
> I don't think it's a good idea to compile in rpaths to non-standard
> (user-specific) directories by default.
Whether it should be the default is debatable and different people will
have different opinions.
Whether there should be an option to do that seems very useful and
desirable to me. That's what we do for Ada already.