This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question concerning shared libraries in non-standard locations
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Paul Hilfinger <hilfingr at gnat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:28:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: Question concerning shared libraries in non-standard locations
- References: <20060625234752.DB22D48CBB1@nile.gnat.com>
* Paul Hilfinger:
> 2. Remember to include the appropriate -W,l-R option or whatever in
> and every compilation.
I don't think it's a good idea to compile in rpaths to non-standard
(user-specific) directories by default. This can lead to trapdoor
rpaths and generally makes the binaries less portable (not more).