This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Value numbering and volatility
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:39:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: Value numbering and volatility
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Eric Botcazou wrote on 06/21/06 10:05:
> It seems to me that the volatility should be accounted for in the VALUE_HANDLE
> itself only, not in (de)references to it.
As Richard and Andrew pointed out, the bug is that we try to compute the
value number of a statement with volatile references in it. If the
statement is not marked as having volatile references, then it should
be. If the value numbering routines are not checking for volatility,
then they should be.