Re: try/finally in GNU C

> The discussion kind of wandered off, but I'd like to note that I am in
> favor of adding __try/__finally as a GNU extension for both C and C++.
> It's true, of course, that it's just syntactic sugar which can be
> implemented in other ways, but sometimes sugar is sweet.
How would this mesh with a possible implementation of __try and __finally (and friends) as implemented by Visual Studio on win32?
Having those keywords implemented on the win32 port of GCC (and working exactly like/being compatible with Visual Studio) would be nice :) (no, I am not offering to write the patch :)

If anyone knows of any reason why implementing MS compatible exception handling in GCC on win32 would not be possible, that would be great to know :)