Re: Top-level bootstrap question

    If you want exactly what make unstage1 did, "make stage1-start".  There
    is also "make restrap" as in the old scheme.

Thanks.

    A side note: I've always been extremely confused by the "unstageN" and
    "stageN" targets in the gcc directory.  The double usage of "stage" as
    noun and verb was complicating things, also because I'm not a native
    speaker and the meaning of "to stage" as "to set aside" is not in my
    dictionary.

Interesting.  In all the years I've been using those targets, I never
even thought about the verb meaning of "stage".  I wonder if the folks
who named those targets ever did.