This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: try/finally in GNU C
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>
- Cc: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 16 Jun 2006 00:00:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: try/finally in GNU C
- References: <email@example.com>
Gabriel Dos Reis <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> while looking into a recent mismatch between GCC-4.x and a C dialect
> EH implemented as setjmp/longjmp, I recalled there was a talk about
> extending GNU C with __try/__finally construct:
> What happened to that project? Is it dead for good?
The discussion kind of wandered off, but I'd like to note that I am in
favor of adding __try/__finally as a GNU extension for both C and C++.
It's true, of course, that it's just syntactic sugar which can be
implemented in other ways, but sometimes sugar is sweet.