Top-level bootstrap question

I haven't had to to do this with the new mechanism for a while, but now I
need to do the equivalent of the old "make unstage1" and can't find
any documentation on how to do that (I thought this would be discussed
inside Makefile.tpl).

I basically had something blow up in stage2, so I want to go back and
rebuild stage1 and start over.  What target do I use?