Re: Cross-compilation and Shared Libraries

Ranjit Mathew wrote:

>   I just noticed that even with "--disable-static --enable-static",

Do you mean --disable-static --enable-shared?

> a Linux-to-MinGW cross compiler (mainline) still created static
> libraries for the C++ and Java runtimes. Is this by design or is it
> a bug? From the point of view of creating executables for embedded

As far as I know, shared libstdc++ for mingw/cygwin has never worked,
you always get static no matter what you do, regardless of
--enable-shared or native/cross.  I don't know if this is because of the
archaic version of libtool that's in the tree, or some other reason.  It
sure would be nice to get a shared libstdc++ one of these days without
having to resort to hacks like manually linking together all the .o
files in the build tree.

Brian