Re: Generator programs can only be built with optimization enabled?

Daniel> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 10:22:17AM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
>> Typing "make" in the gcc subdirectory does not do what I expect.

Daniel> Then could you clarify what happens, and what you expect, please?

	The behavior prior to the top-level bootstrap changes that I and
others repeatedly have mentioned in email and IRC: if I type "make cc1" in
the gcc subdirectory, the build should be invoked with the appropriate
options from the current build stage.  In other words, if I have a
completely bootstrapped compiler, change a source file, enter $objdir/gcc,
and type "make cc1", I expect cc1 to be rebuilt with CFLAGS="-O2 -g".
Instead, if I type "make" or "make quickstrap", the compilation uses
CFLAGS=-g.

Thanks, David