Re: [wwwdocs] Complete revamp of our web site

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Right-side navigation bars are nonstandard.  It should be moved to the
> left side.  Don't accept the search engine excuse; that's easily
> fixable.  Also, by fixing the search engine issue you punish Lynx
> users; the navigation menu is now near (but not at) the end of the
> text.

Is your concern mainly Lynx users (and similar users)?  It should be
feasible to move the navigation bar to the beginning for these while
still keeping it on the right side to be in sync with www.gnu.org.

(Which technique would you recommend to address what you refer to as
the "search engine" issue?)

Gerald