This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Thoughts on gcc maintainership and project merging
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com, roger at eyesopen dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 00:03:21 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Thoughts on gcc maintainership and project merging
- References: <20060524144734.GA27367@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Wed, 24 May 2006, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> Proposal: Whenever a new pass or a major functionality is added to
> gcc, a maintainer for it must be found. Preferably the
> author, or in case he from some reason is not considered
> suitable, some other person must be assigned.
We can also enhance that: if you know about someone who should, in your
opinion, be elevated to maintainer status for a specific part of GCC, or
you think you are such a person, let a SC member of your choice know!
(Yes, these then tend to take a while, but we try not to drop any balls.
At least, in my TODO file I have some opens left... ;-)