This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Highlevel C Backend
- From: Sebastian Pop <sebastian dot pop at cri dot ensmp dot fr>
- To: Fabian Scheler <fabian dot scheler at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:28:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: Highlevel C Backend
- References: <email@example.com>
Fabian Scheler wrote:
> Hello alltogether,
> I have some questions:
> 1. Is it possible to provide an Highlevel C backend for the GCC?
Everybody is supposed to know what "highlevel" means for you.
> 2. Which level is most suitable level to generate C from (not the
> initial source code level, of course ;-)) - RTL, GIMPLE, GENERIC?
> 3. Are there any attempts to provide a C backend, so far?
Yes, gcc2c from sun.com, though this is a dead project for more than 3