PR 26792

Geoff,
    I noticed PR 26792 last night. After reading that it became clear what
was causing the massive c++ regressions when I built gcc trunk under fink.
Fink sets MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to 10.4 when a package is built in
fink 10.4 branch. They also were applying the rejected patch from...

to their gcc4 builds as well. That explains why the c++ regressions
suddenly appeared when I stopped applying their gcc4.patch (which
contains that and other changes for building on MacIntel).
    The good news is that when I build gcc trunk under fink with
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET unset, the massive c++ regressions now
disappear. The bad news is that the resulting gcc, when used to
build xplor-nih, still results in the c++ regression in the xplor-nih
testsuite which I reported several weeks ago. Did the information
I reported give you any hints as to where the problem might be?

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-06/msg00043.html

Let me know if there is anything I can do to try to pin down
this remaining libgcc issue (which appears to be unrelated to
PR 26792).
             Jack