Re: [wwwdocs] Complete revamp of our web site

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com> [2006-06-05 22:51]:
>>  <h1>GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection</h1>
> How about a dash here rather than a comma?  Looks nicer imho:
> |  <h1>GCC - the GNU Compiler Collection</h1>

The reason I avoid the dash is that, per the FSF guidelines, the
title continues with " - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation".

This is not visible in the plain HTML source, but added automagically
on the server.

We could omit one of GCC or GNU Compiler Collection from the title, or
use "GNU Compiler Collection (GCC)" or "GCC (GNU Compiler Collection)".
I have a slight preference for keeping the status quo, but don't feel
too strongly about it.

Gerald