Re: [RFC] Optimization Diary

Andrew Pinski wrote:
These are not warnings and they should not cause build failures
when -Werror is used, hence warnings are not suitable medium to
communicate this info.

There is a third type of diagnostic in GCC which gets not much
use at all. It is called note. It might be interesting to use that instead
of saying there is no way to cause no build failures with warnings.
That's what I meant when I said "hints" ...

"However, GCC provides (notes) along with warnings and errors. But they
all reside in build log. While doing performance analysis, build log
may not be available hence it is required to have it on disk somewhere. "

-
Devang