This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Optimization Diary
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: devang dot patel at gmail dot com (Devang Patel)
- Cc: tromey at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 15:08:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Optimization Diary
> These are not warnings and they should not cause build failures
> when -Werror is used, hence warnings are not suitable medium to
> communicate this info.
There is a third type of diagnostic in GCC which gets not much
use at all. It is called note. It might be interesting to use that instead
of saying there is no way to cause no build failures with warnings.