This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fw: GCC 4.2 Status Report (2006-06-04)
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Ayal Zaks" <ZAKS at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: mark at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 15:58:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fw: GCC 4.2 Status Report (2006-06-04)
- References: <OFAC679B89.01663DCD-ONC2257185.002F9C60-C2257185.0030CBA6@il.ibm.com>
On 6/6/06, Ayal Zaks <ZAKS@il.ibm.com> wrote:
> This status report has been a long time coming, for which I apologize.
> As fwprop is no longer on the table for 4.2, and as the vectorizer
> improvements seem to have stalled due to a combination of lack of review
> and Dorit's leave,
That is unfortunate. Dorit did make a sincere effort to prepare her patches
long ago (mid February) well before leaving, and Victor has been constantly
pinging for reviews, ready to address them.
Maybe you can look at some of the regressions of the vectorizer first,
adding new features without first addressing regressions?
This could build up some trust that the newly added code will actually
in the future.
For a quick bugzilla search, use the 4.2 regressions link on the
and modify it to include "-ftree-vectorize" in the bug description. I
count 3 P1 and
3 P2 regressions.