This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.2 Status Report (2006-06-04)
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de>
- To: Joern RENNECKE <joern dot rennecke at st dot com>
- Cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, rth at redhat dot com, bernd dot schmidt at analog dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:57:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.2 Status Report (2006-06-04)
- References: <44847E81.email@example.com>
Joern RENNECKE wrote:
In http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-06/msg00120.html, you wrote:
As fwprop is no longer on the table for 4.2, and as the vectorizer
improvements seem to have stalled due to a combination of lack of review
and Dorit's leave, I think it's time to declare 4.2 feature-complete.
I am still waiting for review of by auto-increment patches, and for Berndt
to complete the cross-jump part struct-equiv patches, so that I can post an
updated patch for the if-conversion part.
At this point I think it's better to wait for 4.3. I like neither of
the current proposed solutions - mine costs too much compile time, while
yours is too much of a hack. A while back I did some CSiBE testing that
did not show enough benefit for the loss of compile time. We need to
figure out something better.