TLS on windows (was: Re: Gfortran on Windows (mingw32) with OpenMP)

[First, a warning: I'm neither an expert in TLS, nor in Windows nor in GCC guts

can we have chance to solve the
problem of threadprivate by adding the TLS support to
mingw32?

The support for TLS (Thread Local Storage) would probably come from the compiler itself. Windows has TLS (see for example http:// dotnet.di.unipi.it/Content/sscli/docs/doxygen/pal/localstorage_8c- source.html and http://www.ddj.com/dept/cpp/184403874, or the MSDN documentation at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/ library/en-us/dllproc/base/tlsalloc.asp), so you'd "only" need to teach GCC how to call that.

Now, I don't have competence, time and motivation to do that. So, if my analysis above is correct, there are three things you can do: ask around here if someone is interested in this and is planning to do it; do it yourself, if you have the competence; find someone you know, that you have leverage on, to do it :)

Now, for an idea of how much work it represents... perhaps someone here can tell us?

FX