This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Improve loop array prefetch for IA-64
- From: Andrey Belevantsev <abel at ispras dot ru>
- To: Canqun Yang <canqun at yahoo dot com dot cn>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 13:50:25 +0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] Improve loop array prefetch for IA-64
- References: <email@example.com>
Canqun Yang wrote:
This patch results a performance increase of 4% for SPECfp2000 and 13% for NAS benchmark suite on
Itanium-2 system, respectively. More performance increase is hopeful by further tuning the
parameters and improving the prefetch algorithm at tree level.
It's great news that you continued to work on prefetching tuning for
ia64! Do you plan to port your other changes for the old RTL
prefetching to the tree level?
@@ -1985,13 +1985,18 @@
??? This number is bogus and needs to be replaced before the value is
actually used in optimizations. */
I suggest to remove this comment as it has become outdated with your
patch. Instead you might say how did you choose this particular value
(and PREFETCH_BLOCK too). Just my 2c.