Re: Libiberty

>     I haven't found anything in the docs that I see that explains
> the libiberty library.

You didn't find the libiberty documentation?  It's separate from the
gcc documentation, but available on the gcc docs web page.

> Can this be compiled without having to compile a whole new compiler?

Er, yes, since that's what we do each time we build it for the build
and host machines.  Only the target libiberty is built with the
just-built compiler.

> I am running 3.4.6 and what to cross compile for a pdp-11. I just
> want to compile the extra support and that's all.

Extra support for what purpose?  Are you trying to use libiberty with
your own application?