This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Intermixing powerpc-eabi and powerpc-linux C code
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Ron McCall <ronald dot mccall at snet dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 16:08:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: Intermixing powerpc-eabi and powerpc-linux C code
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jun 1, 2006, at 11:32 AM, Ron McCall wrote:
Does anyone happen to know if it is possible to link
(and run) C code compiled with a powerpc-eabi targeted
gcc with C code compiled with a powerpc-linux targeted
This is a linker question, we don't do linkers here. In particular,
the relocs have to be compatible, if you want to do reloc
processing. You can use ld and resolve all the relocs and just slam
in the bytes, but then, you're not using gcc to link per se.
Why not just try it out and see?