how to profile application in between 2 triggers

Hi,

I want to profile an application in linux. Now I am using -pg option
with gcc for generating the profile data. Then used gprof for  getting
profiles. In this profiling, it starts from first function (main()) to
ending function. Actually I want to profile functions with in 2 events
(triggers), which they happen inside the program while execution
happening. Is it possible with any open source tools in linux.

Jayaraj