Re: Problem with pex-win32.c

Ross Ridge wrote:
> Cygwin rxvt
> ===========
> parent spawn: Works.
> parent nostd: No output from child.
> parent std:   Works.
>
> I wasn't able to test it with xterm, I don't have an X server handy,
> but it looks your problem is with xterm, not gcc.

CodeSoucery's 3.4-based code worked in all circumstances.  So, I'd say
that it's definitively better. :-)

The same problem also seems to occur when used from with an Emacs shell,
if the Emacs is running as an X application.  So, it may be an X issue,
but I don't think it's an xterm issue per se.  And, even if this
considered a Cygwin X client bug, avoiding the bug seems clearly desirable.

CodeSourcery will fix this on our branches, and contribute the patch;
hopefully we can work something out that will make the libiberty
maintainers happy.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery