This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Example of debugging GCC with toplevel bootstrap


> Remind me why it's a good idea to force me to mess with bootstrapping at
> all, when all I want is to build a copy of the compiler that I can use
> for debugging problems?  There has to be an easier way to do that.  My
> laptop builds stage1 reasonably fast, but a bootstrap takes several hours.

Glad to see that a GWP maintainer eventually speaks up. :-)

> This is a serious regression for me.

FWIW I personally think this toplevel bootstrap thing is a step backward, now 
typing "make" triggers such a complex machinery that nobody seems to able to 
understand what it does.

-- 
Eric Botcazou


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]