This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: keeping branch up to date with mainline


Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1@t-online.de> wrote:

> One additional question, suppose I don't want to merge a huge number of
> revisions in one go, and I do
>    svnmerge.py merge -r a-small-list-of-revisions
>    svn diff ;; to verify everything is OK
>
> Do I then have to commit the merge so far before running svnmerge.py
> again, or can it get all the information it needs from the local
repository?

No need to commit, but you'll have to use --force (-F), as otherwise it'd
abort saying that your working copy is dirty.
-- 
Giovanni Bajo



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]