This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Xscale big endian tool-chain (how to build it?)


On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 17:15, Karel Gardas wrote:

I have tried this with binutils 2.16.1 and gcc 4.0.1, but w/o success. The
failure happen during compilation of gcc and it looks like:

/tmp/arm-elf-build/obj-gcc/gcc/xgcc -B/tmp/arm-elf-build/obj-gcc/gcc/
-nostdinc -B/tmp/arm-elf-build/obj-gcc/arm-elf/newlib/ -isystem
/tmp/arm-elf-build/obj-gcc/arm-elf/newlib/targ-include -isystem
/tmp/arm-elf-build/gcc-4.0.1/newlib/libc/include
-B/home/karel/usr/local/arm-elf1/arm-elf/bin/
-B/home/karel/usr/local/arm-elf1/arm-elf/lib/ -isystem
/home/karel/usr/local/arm-elf1/arm-elf/include -isystem
/home/karel/usr/local/arm-elf1/arm-elf/sys-include -O2  -DIN_GCC
-DCROSS_COMPILE   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition  -isystem ./include
-Dinhibit_libc -fno-inline -g  -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED
-Dinhibit_libc -I. -I. -I../../gcc-4.0.1/gcc -I../../gcc-4.0.1/gcc/.
-I../../gcc-4.0.1/gcc/../include -I../../gcc-4.0.1/gcc/../libcpp/include
-mhard-float -DL_addsubdf3 -xassembler-with-cpp -c
../../gcc-4.0.1/gcc/config/arm/lib1funcs.asm -o libgcc/fpu/_addsubdf3.o
../../gcc-4.0.1/gcc/config/arm/ieee754-df.S: Assembler messages:
../../gcc-4.0.1/gcc/config/arm/ieee754-df.S:454: Error: selected processor does not support `mvfeqd f0,#0.0'
../../gcc-4.0.1/gcc/config/arm/ieee754-df.S:476: Error: selected processor does not support `mvfeqd f0,#0.0'
../../gcc-4.0.1/gcc/config/arm/ieee754-df.S:530: Error: selected processor does not support `ldfd f0,[sp],#8'
make[2]: *** [libgcc/fpu/_addsubdf3.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/arm-elf-build/obj-gcc/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/arm-elf-build/obj-gcc/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

First of all, I've thought this is because of my original binutils
binaries configured with out --with-cpu=xscale, but even if I add this
configure switch and rebuild them, the issue is still the same. Perhaps,
my bintutils config is still wrong? But I'm short of ideas what to do
now...

Thanks!
Karel
PS: in gcc/config/arm/t-arm-elf I only uncommented those options to get BE
build:

MULTILIB_OPTIONS     += mlittle-endian/mbig-endian
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES    += le be
MULTILIB_MATCHES     += mbig-endian=mbe mlittle-endian=mle

MULTILIB_OPTIONS    += mhard-float/msoft-float
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES   += fpu soft
MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS += *mthumb/*mhard-float*

MULTILIB_OPTIONS    += mno-thumb-interwork/mthumb-interwork
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES   += normal interwork

You don't need the hard/soft float variants. Just comment them out (the middle group).

And this makes the job! Thank you very much for your help!


Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  kgardas@objectsecurity.com
ObjectSecurity Ltd.           http://www.objectsecurity.com


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]