Re: long double on ppc-darwin

On 18/12/2005, at 10:57 AM, Mike Stump wrote:

On Dec 17, 2005, at 10:27 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

On Dec 18, 2005, at 1:13 AM, Geoff Keating wrote:

Yes; to do this right, GCC's builtins need to know about the different names.

If you're interested in fixing this, I can tell you what to do...

I figured out how to fix it and will be posting a patch later this week.
but a function like:

Yes, looks about right to me, the only modification would be testing 128 bit long double flag (TARGET_LONG_DOUBLE_128) and be aware, this is a ppc only thang.

You also need to be sure to test macos_version_min. If you're compiling to target < 10.3.9, then you need to make sure to use the original version of at least printf and the other variadic functions.

And then go through all the builtins which need to be fixed.

If there are functions which aren't built in that are also modified, I'm not sure what we should do with them. Thoughts? If nothing, how do we know that they aren't used now and how do we be sure they won't be used in the future?

If you're matching by name, you might as well have all the names. But either way, the list would need to be maintained, since the OS might add more functions in future versions.