Re: GCC-3.4.5 Release Status

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
I would need an ia64 maintainer to comment on this. From

There isn't enough ia64 maintainer bandwidth to provide detailed comments on testsuite results on old machines with old tools versions. Basically, it is only me, and I'm also trying to do a hundred other things in my free time, most of which aren't getting done. So I'm not going to care unless something important is broken, like a gcc bootstrap, glibc build, or linux kernel build.

I wouldn't worry unless the results are worse than gcc-3.4.0 on the same machine. I have no such results to compare against, and can't generate them. I can find gcc-3.4.0 results for a suse system on the mailing list, but I'm not sure if that tells me anything useful.

Some of these probably need an updated binutils to fix. Some of these are problems that weren't fixed until just before the gcc-4.0 release.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com