Is -fvisibility patch possible on GCC 3.3.x

Hi,

The -fvisibility feature in GCC 4.0 is a really useful way of hiding all
non-public symbols in a dynamic shared object.

While I'm aware of a patch which backports this feature to GCC 3.4 (over at
nedprod.com), I was wondering whether there is a similar patch available for
GCC 3.3. I'm aware that GCC 3.3 (and some vintages of 3.2) support the
__attribute__ means of setting a symbol's visibility, but I want to be able
to change the default visibility for all symbols.

The problem is that we're stuck for now with the GCC 3.3 compiler as we need
v5 ABI compatibility for Orbix 6.2 and cannot move to 3.4 until Iona catch
up.

Does anyone know if such a patch exists, or even if it is feasible in the
3.3 framework?

Thanks,

Gary