Re: -Wuninitialized issues

 > What we're in disagreement about is whether or not that class of
 > warnings should be triggered by -Wuninitialized.  I STRONGLY believe
 > that -Wuninitialized should remain as-is in its documented behavior
 > and that we should have a distinct switch to get the new behavior.

Fine, but which of the two possible new behaviors did you mean?  Is it
late detection (option 3) or early+late (option 4) from your summary?

I vote option 3 over option 4, regardless of the default.

If we leave -Wuninitialized unchanged, I think the new behavior should
be triggered by -Wuninitialized=2 rather than a new flag name.

 > At this point I'm so bloody frustrated by this discussion that I'm
 > about ready to throw the trivial changes over the wall and let someone
 > else deal with the problem.
 > Jeff

You asked for opinions on the default for -Wuninitialized just
yesterday. <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-11/msg00040.html> I brought
up reasons for wanting the consistent warning set, not to justify
having the switch (which I see we agree on), but to justify maiking my
view the default for -Wuninitialized.  Clearly we disagree, that's
life.  If you were only interested in concurring opinions, you should
have said that and I could have saved myself some typing. :-/

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu