This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: How to know which front end?


Tom Tromey wrote:
"David" == David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com> writes:


David> Q: Is there some predicate that can be used in the gate of a tree
David> optimizer to disable the pass if not being called via the java
David> front-end?

There is always the ugly approach of a global that defaults to 0 and
is set to 1 somewhere in jc1 initialization.

Yeah, I am kind of new to these tree optimizers, so I thought there might be some sort of official way to know these things.


For development and testing, I will just always run the pass. It might get some hits in C++ cni code, but it is exceedingly unlikely that it is at all useful for c, ada, fortran, etc.

David Daney.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]