This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: A couple more subversion notes


On 10/19/05, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 05:12:32PM +0200, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> > > Most of this is ssh overhead, because your diff is so small.
> >
> > I disagree, the diff isn't small, it is of a typical/reasonable size I
> > would say.
> >
> > > The ssh multiplexing stuff just written up on the wiki should help.
> >
> > Thanks, I will have a look. This requires an update to OpenSSH >= 4.0,
> > so I cannot test that right now.
>
> Or, use the svn protocol instead for read operations?  I believe you
> can do this using svn switch.

svn should probably be told to do that automatically for read operations,
if available.  It will also take some load off the server for not
doing handshaking
and encryption.

Richard.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]