This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
RFC: IPO optimization framework for GCC
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 16:23:44 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: RFC: IPO optimization framework for GCC
- Reply-to: sje at cup dot hp dot com
I have been given some time by my management to work on creating a
framework for IPO optimizations in GCC by creating an intermediate file
reader and writer for GCC.
I would like to start by getting any input and advice the members of the
GCC community might have for me. I would also like to see if I can get
some names of folks who might be interested in helping or advising me on
this project.
My current thought is that if I can get a start made I would create a
branch for this work in CVS and a project page on the GCC Wiki.
In the meantime I would be interested in any opinions people have on
what level we should be writing things out at. Generic? Gimple? RTL?
(Just kidding on that last one.) Also any opinions on what format to
write things out in; binary form vs. an ascii file, XML? ANDF? If you
know of any good papers I should read I would like to hear about those
too.
Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com