Re: The behaviours of the pointers according to the operating system

"sek_saf_on \(sent by Nabble.com\)" <lists@nabble.com> writes:

> I wonder the differences between the behaviours of the pointers
> according to the operating systems while compiling with gcc .And the
> differences between the gcc and the other compilers.Can you please
> help me??

This question is probably best directed to gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.
Thanks.

In general there are no differences in pointer behaviour for the
operating systems which are targeted by gcc, and in general gcc
handles pointers the same as other compilers do.  In particular, gcc
does not target the 80286 (though I believe there are patches out
there).

Can you be more specific in your question?  And, if appropriate, send
it to gcc-help?  Thanks.

Ian