Successful Build and Installation of GCC

> Output from running srcdir/config.guess. Do not send that file itself, just
the one-line output from running it.

i586-pc-linux-gnu

> The output of gcc -v for your newly installed gcc. This tells us which
version of GCC you built and the options you passed to configure.

Using built-in specs.
Target: i586-pc-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../gcc-4.0.1/configure --program-suffix=4 --with-gnu-as
--with-gnu-ld --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-cpu=k6
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.1

> Whether you enabled all languages or a subset of them. If you used a full
distribution then this information is part of the configure options in the
output of gcc -v, but if you downloaded the âcoreâ compiler plus additional
front ends then it isn't apparent which ones you built unless you tell us
about it.

all ('full distribution' default)

> If the build was for GNU/Linux, also include:
> The distribution name and version (e.g., Red Hat 7.1 or Debian 2.2.3); this
information should be available from /etc/issue.

Welcome to SuSE Linux 9.3 (i586) - Kernel \r (\l)

> The version of the Linux kernel, available from uname --version or uname -a.

Linux xxxxxx 2.6.11.4-21.8-default #1 Tue Jul 19 12:42:37 UTC 2005 i586 i586
i386 GNU/Linux

> The version of glibc you used; for RPM-based systems like Red Hat, Mandrake,
and SuSE type rpm -q glibc to get the glibc version, and on systems like
Debian and Progeny use dpkg -l libc6.

glibc-2.3.4-23.4

Notes:

Test results also submitted.
SuSE 9.3 did not include fortran which I need.