Re: Hi I want to implement new target AVR MCU's for GCC

Rikard S wrote:

Where do I start?
I guess there is only some few files that I need to write or edit,
using files for similar MCU's as "templates".

If I would like to implement new AVR targets, which files are involved?

Who knows, maby I can contribute :-)

/Best Regards Rikard Strömmer

Please note that the avr-libc project has all of the developers working on the AVR port of the GNU toolchain. avr-libc can be found at Savannah at:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avr-libc>

If you would like to implement new devices in the AVR target then be aware that:
- you will have to modify GNU Binutils, GCC, and avr-libc.
- and that your device may already be implemented. The avr-libc Patch Manager has a number of patches already that implement a lot of new devices. We've been waiting for one of the AVR maintainers of GCC (in the CC list) to find the time to formally commit them to Binutils or GCC.

If you want more information about the AVR target, I would suggest getting on the avr-libc-dev mailing list (part of the avr-libc project at Savannah).

Eric Weddington