Re: Compiling GCC with g++: a report

DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> writes:

| > No, the goal is to make the *values* inaccessible, not the names.
|
| No, *I* want gcc to stop doing *&$@ like this:
|
|   stack_parm = gen_rtx_PLUS (Pmode, stack_parm, offset_rtx);
|
| It should use GET_MODE(stack_parm) in case the target has multiple
| pointer sizes.

Ah, that I have no problem with and I completelty agree with.

The cases I've found in my conversion was when codes use plain
"0" instead of VOIDmode or whatever machine_mode is appropriate.
That use of plain 0 breaks compilation with a C++ compiler.

Now, once we have the appropriate XXXmode in place, they would be
easier to grep for :-)

Thanks,

-- Gaby