This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Need help creating a small test case for g++ 4.0.0 bug
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: paul dot leopardi at unsw dot edu dot au
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:23:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: Need help creating a small test case for g++ 4.0.0 bug
- References: <200505141216.54326.leopardi@bigpond.net.au>
On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 12:16:54PM +1000, Paul C. Leopardi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I originally posted these messages to gcc-help, but had no reply, so I am
> re-posting links to them here.
>
> I think I have found a bug in g++ 4.0.0, but need help in reporting it.
> Maintainers like their bug reports to include short test cases, but I don't
> know how to generate a short test case involving inlining. I discovered the
> original problem by compiling GluCat ( http://glucat.sf.net ) and the
> preprocessor output from a short GluCat test program contains over 66 000
> lines of libstdc++, uBLAS and Glucat code.
>
> Can anyone help, or should I just file a bug report using the huge test case?
The information in http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/minimize.html might help.
Janis