This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: FW: GCC Cross Compiler for cygwin
- From: James E Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Amir Fuhrmann <afuhrmann at thx dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:18:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: FW: GCC Cross Compiler for cygwin
- References: <2880F931F603D543B2A5490852E3E3F5019D25A6@iridium.thx.com>
Amir Fuhrmann wrote:
../gcc-3.4.3/configure --exec-prefix=/usr/local --program-prefix=ppc-
--with-stabs -with-cpu=603 --target=powerpc-eabi --with-gnu-as=ppc-as
Try adding --with-newlib. You either have to use a combined tree so
that newlib will be auto-detected, or or else explicitly tell configure
that your target "OS" is newlib. We need to know the target OS in order
to configure target libraries correctly.
The powerpc-unknown-eabi suggestion is nonsense. Ignore it.
The suggestion to look at Dan Kegel's crosstool is a good one, but
crosstool only handles cross compilers to linux, and hence isn't
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com