Re: GCC 4.1: Buildable on GHz machines only?

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 17:45, Matt Thomas wrote:
> > The features under discussion are new, they didn't exist before.
>
> And because they never existed before, their cost for older platforms
> may not have been correctly assessed.

If someone had cared about them, it would have been noticed earlier.
But since _nobody_ has complained before you, I guess we can conclude
that by far the majority if GCC users are quite happy with the cost
assesments that were made.

> If no one builds natively on
> older platforms, the recognition that the new features maybe a problem
> for older platforms will never be made.

Maybe the older platform should stick to the older compiler then,
if it is too slow to support the kind of compiler that modern
systems need.

Gr.
Steven