This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Store scheduling with DFA scheduler
- From: "Jon Beniston" <jon at beniston dot com>
- To: "'Nathan Sidwell'" <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:52:31 +0100
- Subject: RE: Store scheduling with DFA scheduler
> > (define_insn_reservation "arith" 1 (eq_attr "type" "arith") "x")
> > (define_insn_reservation "loads" 2 (eq_attr "type" "load") "x,m")
> > (define_insn_reservation "stores" 3 (eq_attr "type"
> "store") "x,m*2")
> Stores don't really have a 'result', why have you set the
> cycle count to 3? Shouldn't it be '1'? (then you won't need
> store bypasses for autoincrements)
Primilary because that's how it appears to be coded in the ARM port (e.g
store_wbuf in arm-generic.md). I had tried both ways though, and for this
particular problem, changing this value appears to have no effect. I can see
that it would for autoinc though.