This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Propagating attributes for to structure elements (needed fordifferent address spaces)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Martin Koegler <mkoegler at auto dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:22:31 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Propagating attributes for to structure elements (needed fordifferent address spaces)
- References: <20050425145805.GA5652@ahab.auto.tuwien.ac.at>
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Martin Koegler wrote:
> The solution would be to add also for the base type of an array the
> eeprom attribute. Additonally all elements of structures and unions must
> also have the eeprom attribute added.
The solution is to implement DTR18037 named address spaces. Naturally
such implementation involves implementing the proper semantics for the
types of structure element references.
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
email@example.com (personal mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (CodeSourcery mail)
email@example.com (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)