Re: GCC 4.0 RC2 Available

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 01:18, Josh Conner wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2005, at 3:12 PM, Julian Brown wrote:
>
> > Results for arm-none-elf, cross-compiled from i686-pc-linux-gnu
> > (Debian)
> > for C and C++ are here:
> >
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2005-04/msg01301.html
> >
> > Relative to RC1, there are several new tests which pass, and:
> >
> > g++.dg/warn/Wdtor1.C (test for excess errors)
> >
> > works whereas it didn't before.
> >
> > Julian
> >

> Has there been any discussion of builtin-bitops-1.c failing for
> arm-none-elf with RC1 + RC2?  It's a moderately serious regression from
> 3.4.3 -- we're no longer correctly calculating the size of load double
> instructions, and so the constant pool is generated at an address that
> is out of range of the instructions that use them.  It will show up in
> moderately large functions that use double word constants.

It's fixed on mainline and I'll probably backport the patch to 4.0.1.
As I said at the time I committed the mainline patch, it was too
invasive to commit right before 4.0.0 was released.

It's been on mainline for a couple of weeks now, and I don't think it's
shown up any problems, so now is probably the right time to be
back-porting it.

R.