Re: IA64 Pointer conversion question / convert code already wrong?

> This is a conversion between what, two pointer types?

Yes.  From 'void *' to 'void * __attribute__((mode(DI)))' where the
first is 32 bits (HP-UX ILP32 mode) and the second is 64 bits.

> If so, I think there should be a special case here to check for converting
> between two pointer types and call convert_memory_address if so.

I don't know why I didn't think of using convert_memory_address.  I just
tried it and it seems to work in my test case.  I will do a bootstrap
and test overnight to see how that goes.

> Also, I think convert_memory_address ought to have a
> 	gcc_assert (GET_MODE (x) == to_mode);
> in the #ifndef case.

OK, I'll toss that in too.  It won't be seen on the HP-UX side but I'll
do a Linux build as well.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com