This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Call into a function?
- From: James E Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Zhenyu Guo <guozy03 at mails dot tsinghua dot edu dot cn>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:32:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: Call into a function?
- References: <000901c5461b$a616a390$2b00000a@appletree>
Zhenyu Guo wrote:
0x4000000000000720 <gmon_initializer+48>: [BBB] nop.b 0x0
0x4000000000000721 <gmon_initializer+49>: (p08)
br.cond.dpnt.few 0x4000000000000740 <gmon_initializer+80>
br.call.sptk.many b0=0x4000000000000720 <gmon_initializer+48>;;
Most likely this means that you are looking at unlinked (i.e.
unrelocated) code. Did you run objdump on a .o file? In this case, the
actual call address is in the relocation. Try objdump -r and you will
see a relocation for the address 0x4000000000000722 that contains the
actual call target. Also try objdump -r -d.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com