This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unnecessary sign- and zero-extensions in GCC?
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Nicholas Nethercote <njn at cs dot utexas dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:08:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: Unnecessary sign- and zero-extensions in GCC?
- Organization: SUSE Labs
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Monday 18 April 2005 20:53, Nicholas Nethercote wrote:
> I've been looking at GCC's use of sign-extensions when dealing with
> integers smaller than a machine word size. It looks like there is room
> for improvement.
Is your problem the same as the one described on one of the Wiki pages,
"http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Exploiting Dual Mode Operation"?