This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Questions on CC
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Timothy Bowers <timothy dot bowers at nrl dot navy dot mil>
- Cc: gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:46:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: Questions on CC
- Organization: CodeSourcery LLC
- References: <425FD037.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Timothy Bowers wrote:
I am trying to install gcc on RedHat Enterprise Linux 3. I do not have
a compiler installed on the system. I see that gcc requires a ISO C90
compiler. Where can I get one? Also, when I try to configure gcc for
install, I get an error that states that I need to set cc environmental
variable to a working compiler. I think this will be taken care of when
I install a ISO C90 compiler. Any help you can give me would be great.
you should install the gcc package from RedHat. Then you can use that
directly, or build your own (updated?) version from source.
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
email@example.com :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk