Re: Questions on CC

Timothy Bowers wrote:

I am trying to install gcc on RedHat Enterprise Linux 3. I do not have a compiler installed on the system. I see that gcc requires a ISO C90 compiler. Where can I get one? Also, when I try to configure gcc for install, I get an error that states that I need to set cc environmental variable to a working compiler. I think this will be taken care of when I install a ISO C90 compiler. Any help you can give me would be great.

you should install the gcc package from RedHat. Then you can use that directly, or build your own (updated?) version from source.

nathan