Re: Heads-up: volatile and C++

Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com> writes:

| One interesting thing to consider here is how the C++ semantics
| compares with that of pragma Volatile in Ada, which is roughly
| intended to be equivalent to volatile in C.

The suggestion made by Hans is to improve over the existing semantics
in C++ (which is more or less copied from C90).  Consequently, if
Ada's is roughly equivalent to volatile in C, then I would say that
the suggested semantics is roughly an improvement more or less over
Ada's ;-).

Seriously, could you give the Ada standardese even though I'm not
supposed to understand?

-- Gaby